Software Development Engineer in Test [SDET]
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
WE ARE CURRENTLY CONSIDERING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS ROLE WHO ARE BASED IN LOS ANGELES.
The mission of the Quality Assurance team is to create technology frameworks, implement quality best practices processes, and develop tools to ensure we deliver optimal end user experience for our products. At Rubicon Project, we encourage out of the box thinking to create an environment that promotes innovation products. With the stability and support of a large organization and the flexibility of a start up, there is a unique opportunity for individuals to develop solutions from ground up that contributes directly to the success of the company. We are establishing a world class Quality Assurance team with passionate, talented, and driven QA engineers and SDETs that influence the direction of our technology that impacts buyers and sellers around the world.
- Responsible for designing and implementing build and test infrastructure, creating and enforcing good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality for various external and/or internal products.
- Work on problems in a number of areas, including caching optimizations, content delivery, network protocols, and machine learning products.
- Build out our automated testing infrastructure to help us build reliable, scalable, high-quality products and services.
- Participate in design and implementation of test infrastructure to support moving services to a Continuous Deployment.
- Conduct research and create Proof of Concepts on new testing technologies/tools/concepts.
- Design test strategies by analyze and decompose complicated heavily integrated software systems.
- Work collaboratively with fellow SDETs to create a true end to end automation solutions.
- Mentor and lead the automated testing efforts for the QA team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Python, Ruby, and Java on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Experience developing automation frameworks from scratch.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills