Last Updated: July 25, 2011
Data We Collect
When you visit a website using Rubicon Yield Optimization, Rubicon may collect the non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII”) described below to enable our platforms or partners to provide standard advertising controls, to deliver targeted advertisements that we or they believe will be of most interest to you, and to prepare aggregate reports that summarize activity and performance. Rubicon does not share any non-PII it collects with third-parties but may use this collected non-PII information to choose appropriate demand partner campaigns that Rubicon or one of our partners believe will be of most interest to you. Rubicon does not collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) with its Yield Optimization platform. If you provide us PII during the course of an inquiry or customer service communication related to Yield Optimization, we will only use this PII for the purpose of responding to you.
Non-Personally identifiable Information (“Non-PII”)
Similar to other commercial websites and services, we collect information about consumer activities and behaviors to provide standard advertising controls, to determine user response to advertisements and promotions, to deliver targeted advertisements that we or our partners believe will be of most interest to you, and to prepare aggregate reports.
Non-PII collected includes the following: IP address, domain, browser type and language, referring website addresses, date/time of visits, page view data, and search keywords. Non-PII is collected using the following standard web technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files, which often include an anonymous unique identifier, sent to your browser from a web site. Cookies can only be read by the party placing the cookie, they cannot erase or alter any of your data and when used in the context of collecting non-PII, they do not include personal data. For more information about cookies visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on Sites and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, click data and types of advertisements viewed.
- “Web beacons” are electronic files used to track your navigation of a website or collection of sites, and browsing behavior.
Collectively these technologies enable us to better understand and segment our customers’ audiences. Data for targeting purposes is retained for up to 13 months, after which time this data is deleted. Cookies do not allow us to gather any PII and we do not store any PII that you provided to us in cookies.
How We Use The Information
Our core business services rely on collecting non-PII in order to better match advertiser campaigns to appropriate visitors. Rubicon at times may also use non-PII data from third parties to better match advertiser campaigns to appropriate visitors. This benefits visitors by enabling advertisers to deliver ad content that is relevant to a visitor’s interests.
Sharing Your Information
As indicated above, our Yield Optimization platform does not collect PII. We do not share Non-PII information with any third parties.
Rubicon adheres to the NAI’s self-regulatory guidelines and does not target users on the basis of precise health conditions or treatments. We do have segments related to “general health” and “health enthusiast.”
On this site’s Transparency and Control page, you can see all the non-PII we have collected about your browser and IP address and which may be used for targeted advertising. To discontinue our collection of non-PII click here.
- To opt-out of behavioral advertising programs for Rubicon Project applications or of other NAI members participating in the Network Advertising Initiatives (NAI) opt-out program click here.
- Alternatively you can click here and go to the www.aboutads.info page where you can opt-out from other companies who are engaging in online behavioral advertising (OBA).
If you change browsers or computers, or delete the cookies on your computer, you will need to opt-out again. You also can program their computers to notify you each time a cookie is being sent, block third party cookies, or block all cookies.
We use appropriate measures to ensure the security of all Information, including the use of passwords, firewalls, encryption and remote servers, and routinely evaluate our practices to identify security threats or opportunities for the improvement of our services. No transmission of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise data security.
Third Party Websites
We are not responsible for the practices employed by publishers or demand partners that use the Rubicon Yield optimization platform. The websites, applications, or services are operated by these independent companies maintain their own privacy policies and processes.
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact the Rubicon Project at our corporate headquarters at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
1925 S. Bundy Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.